We’re so lazy. Sometimes I just look at the pantry and sigh, and nothing looks good. Of course, it’s also the end of the month, so we can’t afford to go out.
I did have meat thawed, a couple chilies, limes, potatoes, and onions. Not a lot to start with, but I’m also trying to get rid of the pantry’s contents. We move in three weeks.
Spicy Lime Chicken Over Pasta (adapted from here)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 of a red onion, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp local honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced into half moons
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb pasta of your choice, that cooks for about 10 minutes
- In a bowl/container, mix together everything but the olive oil and pasta. Let marinade at room temperature for 30-45 minutes.
- In a medium-size pot, bring some water and about 3 tsp of salt to boil. Once that’s roiling and bubbling away, add the pasta.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, then add 2 tbsp olive oil, spreading the oil to coat the bottom. Pour the chicken and the marinade into the skillet, and cook until the pasta’s done. Add a tbsp of olive oil to the pasta, stir, and drain.
- Serve chicken and sauce over pasta – be careful of the jalapenos, my lips are still burning 30 minutes later!
It’s good, cheap, easy, and clears the sinuses. All good.